Subject: Re: Best HD for FLYER?
From: Alyn <[email-masked]>
To: Blackout <[email-masked]>
Cc: "J. David Johnson" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 12:31:06 -0700 (PDT)

Re IBM DFHS drives, I am definitely not playing.  Call IBM to track them 
down as they are hard to come by.

I am pressing Newtek daily to get a hold of one and approve the suckers.  
Your HQ5 worries will be gone.

As far as Betasp lossless, I haven't seen it on any system, including 
Avid Avr27 or Media 100's highest.  However, HQ5 does match the quality of 
the other system's highest to my eye.  As I've stated before there is a 
minor amount of noise (not blockiness) introduced on very wide shots with 
tremendous amounts of detail -- but I have seen this on all the other 
systems too.  Chroma however remains flawless and this to me is the 
strength of VTASC.

Realize that these drives are only capable of 5.2 sustained, so when 
Newtek raises the limbo stick on VTASC to 6 megs a second or more to 
provide even higher quality, these drives WILL not work.  

Such is the price of keeping pace with technolgy.

Alyn

--
Alyn <[email-masked]> sent this message.
To Post a Message           : [email-masked]
Un/Subscription Requests To : [email-masked]
(DIGEST)                 or : [email-masked]
Administrative Items To     : [email-masked]